Olympic Lagoon Resort Approved Photographers
You may have heard rumours that the Olympic Lagoon Resort in Ayia Napa is only allowing pre-approved photographers. I know the weddings team very well at the resort so I had a drive up there this week to find out what the official story is…
Apparently they had a couple of photographers work there last season that they had never heard of before and they didn’t do a great job for their clients. So this season they want to ensure that nothing spoils the big day by making sure all external suppliers are known and vetted by the hotel.
This is a good policy and certainly nothing to worry about – just check with your wedding planner that the photographer you have booked is known to and approved by the hotel.
In the video I have given you 5 questions to ask your photographer to ensure you have booked one of the good guys (there are many very good photographers in Cyprus – email me and I will give you some of their names).
- How long have you been a wedding photographer – you don’t want someone who decided last week that this year that’s what he is going to do!
- How long have you been shooting weddings in Cyprus?
- What photography qualifications do you have – owning a camera does not make you a photographer!
- Do you have redundant equipment – If you drop your camera and break it… do you have a spare ready to go?
- Do you back up my images securely?
Whether you book me as your photographer or not, if you need any advice please don’t hesitate to get in touch and ask away.
Craig Beck LSWPP
Blog: Olympic Lagoon Resort Approved Photographers